Sunday, February 18, 2018

A testimony about Storm Ridge Ranch in Utah

A former resident named James Bilardello wrote on Google:

Storm Ridge Ranch is a fraud. It is a warehouse for children. The Larson's are liars who will do anything for a dollar. They make desperate parents take out loans to send their children to this facility. Meanwhile the children become slaves; yes a working ranch, read in between the lines. If your child wants to leave on time they will have to work for freedom. Meanwhile Rick's cattle makes him money. It isn't even slave labor, its worse. The parents pay to have their children become slaves. Then Maryann rubs it in the children faces, to make them have low self esteem, how their parents suffered finically to send them there.

The education is horrible, they give you a book and say read it. No one teaches you. Your child, if not self motivated, will not learn a thing. Rick has broken children's arms for little reason. He is abusive and strict, disobey and your child could have a broken nose or arm. They call it restraining a child. This is just code for torture until they comply. They are an evil family. The whole family works their. Most male staff are married to one of Rick's daughters, only one is actually nice. The lowlife husbands become horrible role models for your children. The other owner Darin, his wife is the teacher. You might think this is good, a family owned residential facility. Think again, they will cover for each other. It is like a Larson cult, but the men kept their last names because they married his daughters. Do not send your child here.

I personally was there twice. Both facilities when it was only male. It will only make your child worse. Trust me. Their are better options, please I beg you do not send your child to Storm Ridge Ranch. They monitor all communication between your child and you, this is because they do not want your child to tell you the truth. They force the children to send home "happy" letters. All phone conversations monitored so your child cant tell you what is really happening. I have personally heard Richard Larson threaten children "If you don't do what I say I will get another 3 months out of your parents, you know I can!!!" he manipulates parents with Maryann. If your child says something true, how they are abusive or mention slave labor, they will tell the parents their child is a manipulator. I was personally there over 10 years ago. I imagine it has only become worse. The man they call "Woods" is no better. I had to add that. He is a know it all, arrogant human being who only cares about his job. The staff that isn't related hates it there, as they are paid minimum wage because they are un educated.

Do not send your child here, this place is a scam. I came out worse then I went in. I was personally never abused, I believe because I was six feet tall and athletic when I was young. They were scared of me. The children who weren't as big as I was, I was a big 16 year old, were the ones abused. They justify their abuse so they could sleep at night but if your child is not a big kid they will be "restrained", aka abused. This place left me psychologically harmed, as I only left worse. I left worse because if you think your child is out of control, their is a child that is worse, your child will become friends with them, your child will gain knowledge on how to be a better criminal. Please I beg you, I know from experience, 9 months then 3 months. Please excuse my spelling I went to high school at Storm Ridge Ranch. I left worse and became a nightmare in my late teens and early 20s because of Storm Ridge Ranch. Save your child.

The facilty is located on two gender separated places in Utah. An investigation in 2014 showed that they billed Medicaid for services they didn't provide

Sources:

19 comments:

  1. As a parent of a child that went to a WWASP facility I want you to know that I am so sorry for what you were put through. We also drank the koolaid. My son wasn't as abused as you but he still suffers from the experience of Ivy Ridge. I pray you find healing and health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much. I was a decent child but did act in an inappropriate way at times at school; nothing like my house mates at SRR. It took me years to get over being abducted out of my bed at 3am by strangers. I was only 15. Than the abuse there spun me out of control. Don't take me wrong I take some responsibility for all my actions but this is no place for a child to grow. My parents divorced and moved and I took it hard but normal counseling would have helped and not set me back, made me think I was a bad kid and lower my self worth. I James Bilardello wrote this review. I got over it, went to therapy, used self help books and positive thinking. From almost flunking out of high school to a 3.84 gpa in college. I have done well for myself and started my own company 365 Commercial Cleaning. I take it as a learning experience. I am always honest now and hard working. I changed my life not them. SSR mentally haunted me for years. Now I can say I am a honest hard working man. I employee people and treat my clients with respect and provide excellent service. My early 20s I was lost in part to SSR I had no direction. Now since I lost all that time I have direction because of great college professor's and self help books. Taking psychology in college helped a lot. Also, working as a social worker helped me by helping others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/groups/130227033804645/?ref=share

      Delete
    2. i went to storm ridge in october of 2019 (i was only 14). i had the feeling like there might be a chance to get better. i just got out of the hospital hoping to start new but when i got there all i got was "you cant cry" or "quit that bullshit". I kept trying to tell my parents that this place was needing to be shut down. the larsens are good people but the people who they hire are abusive both emotional and physical and no matter how much they tried to keep these secrets they came out. the first time CPS was called they bribed us girls with soda and pizza to tell them that this place was GREAT. they stood right outside the door and we had no privacy. there was so many times where they glued me to staff and i lost all my privacy. i got severly sick and they made fun of me and told the whole school that i was full of shit and that i was milking it. for months this went on. i willbe honest not all the staff were like this but most were. My last straw was one night when i was in family therapy and one of the staff sat outside the door just waiting (AGAIN NO PRIVACY) and i got severly sick and while on call with my family she started to cuss me out and just give me shit for being so nervous. she said things like "quit that bullshit your forcing yourself to be like this" and "you will never get out of here if you keep doing this" i keep my parents on the whole time and you know dame right they heard everything. i was like this for 2 and a half years befoe my parents took me out. I actually just got back from storm ridge and the staff didnt give a shit. all they wanted was us to leave my best friend ran away from this shit show because they restrained her and i because our life wasnt good enough. when i left they told me hella lies that they were only doing reports and when i confronted them they told me that i was crossing the line. honestly they need to be shut down and the horses/ other animals need to be taken away. rick he turned out to be a nice guy but Fucking MARYANN was a complete sociopath. because i got sick she made me chew up my meds WITH NO WATER. who does that. they call it family i call it worse then juvi. on my 15th birthday i was accused of starting a fight even though i was the one whipped by a rag called things like "FAT BITCH" and "WHITE TRASH" by girls and staff and i kept telling them that they needed to believe me but instead they restrained me and again called me an "attention seeking little brat" .oh let me mention that when i came there in 2019 there was 27 girls but now they cant get past 24. hmmm i wonder why . they allways called it a shit show but the only reason why it was is because they sit on their asses, be on

      Delete
  3. I was in the female facility, I was lucky enough to be pulled out after a year and a half. I feel like if someone would push to make it known it would most likely be shut down, when I was in the program I witnessed staff and management mistreat and tourture the girls. Even over something as small as crying and showing emotion! If one girl did something wrong every single girl would get punished for it too. They MADE us work in situations nobody should be in. I was very sick with a infection in my spine that I could’ve died from and when I confronted the management about my condition I’ve had since I was 7, they told me I was being manipulative...So they did nothing for me I had to try draining it during my 10 minute shower time. Girls were thrown to the ground if they couldnt complete the task that the staff wanted you to do. I honestly pray for anyone who is sent to this abusive and crude program. Everything you said in your testimony was so on point it was sad.. if anyone reads this get the word out about Storm Ridge Ranch and they’re torturous compulsive ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/groups/130227033804645/?ref=share

      Delete
  4. I was a resident at SRR FOR 18 LONG MONTHS. And I will readily tell you that this person that wrote this article was probably a dumb ass and caused a lot of problems. Coming from someone like myself, trust me when I say that the system is broken, not necessarily this program. You can't blame these people for running a legal program. I know what bad programs are, I grew up in foster care. Storm Ridge Ranch helped for me into the hard-working man I am today. Opie is probably a lame and hated hard work LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Hahano Namoa, you can email me at brothamoa@gmail.com for any queations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/groups/130227033804645/?ref=share

      Delete
  6. I was at Storm Ridge rRanch on the girls treatment side for quit some time. The only guy staff member who was decent was Wade. I agree with everything that you have said. I was there in 2014-2015. I got “so bad” that they put me in a corner for months. I couldn’t eat with the girls. I had to do school outside NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER. I had to sleep on a mattress in the living room upstairs while the girls got to sleep in their rooms. I could read or write. The therapist Gary was a fucking joke. Anyone who sends their kid there is asking to file a lawsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son just opened up for the first time in 3 yrs 5 days ago. He Was at Storm Ridge Ranch for six months from May 5, 2016 to November 2018 right before Thanksgiving. We were lied to by Darren Swalberg and other staff members. I went to visit my son that November, he was acting extremely paranoid and afraid. His behavior was not normal and he was worse off than when we first sent him there. My son suffers from PSTD from attending Storm Ridge Ranch. He was never abused physically, but he suffered from verbal abuse and mental abuse and they made him and other kids work beyond what anyone should do. He witness little boys being beaten until bloody and one kid was forced to clean up his own blood. Storm Ridge Ranch hires people who were in prison for assault and battery, drugs, armed robbery, etc... This place was recommended by the state of Utah and that was my reason for choosing it. Please do not send your kids to Storm Ridge Ranch. I sent my son there for horse therapy and ended up sending him to HELL.... Please do not make the same mistakes as all of us parents did. As a response to the person who wrote on Sept 22, 2018. You are wrong and have no right to write a good review. You are probably a staff member or one of the owners. I know what the Bible says the Holy Bible as Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Not mormon or any other religion. I trust God will make all the wrongs right on behalf of the abused kids and ALL of the Staff members and the Owners will have to meet God Face to Face one day and God will be the Final judge. Jesus suffered a horrific death, But God turned it around to Honor and Glorify him... God is our Redeemer and He redeems in the most perfect way. I pray for spiritual, mental and physical healing for all of the kids and families. I pray that Storm Ridge Ranch will close for ever in The Mighty Name of Jesus Christ......I trust in the Lord and he Always answers my prayers as long as I pray according to his word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/groups/130227033804645/?ref=share

      Delete
  8. My name is Natalie Gummersbach, I just posted the entry for Jan 4, 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/groups/130227033804645/?ref=share

      Delete
  9. I was there back in 98, when it was just the Monroe group home. Place was quite fun, Rick always took us to do fun things like explore old mines and such.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yo, it's Blake McCormick... Anyone on here, there the same time as me? 2016-2017?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/groups/130227033804645/?ref=share

      Delete
  11. https://www.facebook.com/groups/130227033804645/?ref=share

    Survivors of Storm Ridge Ranch

    Click the link & join.

    Thank you for sharing your story 💙

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...